ECOLOXTECH Water Disinfection
The ECOLOXTECH 1200 Electrolyzer can disinfect water on-site and on-demand from just salt, water, and electricity.
How much water can it disinfect?
Each system can generate enough free available chlorine in the form of hypochlorous acid to disinfect 200 Liters of water per minute. The systems can be stacked to disinfect any volume of water.
How does it work?
The ECOLOXTECH 1200 Electrolyzer generates a mixed oxidant solution primarily composed of hypochlorous acid (HOCl) but also other powerful oxidants such as ozone and chlorine dioxide. Hypochlorous acid is a powerful oxidant that is stable in solution that can kill microbial pathogens immediately upon contact by damaging cell walls and disrupting internal proteins, lipids, and DNA.
Has it been researched?
In the last 30 years we have collected over 300 published research articles supporting the use of Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water for disinfection. Nearly every common bacteria has been studied as well as viruses and fungi. To learn more please visit our research page and search by microbe to find applicable research.
What about EPA regulation?
Because electrolytically generated hypochlorous acid is a free chlorine molecule, it falls under the Safe Water Drinking Act (42 U.S.C. 300f et seq. 1974) which allows for a free chlorine concentration of up to 4 ppm.
Water disinfection by electrochemical activation is not only more effective than conventional methods of water disinfection, but it is less expensive and environmentally friendly.
The conventional methods, which have seen extensive use over the last 100 years, include chlorine gas and chlorine solutions of sodium hypochlorite (bleach). Despite the vast amount of experience gained over the years, these methods have disadvantages, including the cost of the chemicals and the large investment required for protection and safety equipment.
Electrolytically generated hypochlorous acid is 100 times more effective than sodium hypochlorite yet requires no protective gear or safety equipment and is non-toxic, non-irritant, and eco-friendly.
No Skin or Eye Irritation. Safe if Swallowed.
Traditional chlorine bleach is manufactured from chlorine gas and sodium hydroxide. It is highly caustic in concentrated form and is still an irritant to skin and eyes when diluted in water. Electrolytically generated hypochlorous acid is made from just table salt, water, and electricity. It is 100% safe and non-toxic. It does not cause skin irritation. It does not cause eye irritation and it is safe if accidentally swallowed.
Electrolytically generated hypochlorous acid eliminates common microbial contaminants:
- Caliciviruses (including Norovirus)
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Enterovirus (including polioviruses, coxsakieviruses, and echoviruses)
- Escherichia coli (O157)
- Helicobacter pylori
- Hepatitis A
- Legionella pneumophilia
- Mycobacterium avium
- Salmonella enterica
- Shigella sonnei